COVID-19 TIME CAPSULE: A Difficult Period in our Lives
6 months ago
Just so I NEVER forget ….. today April 5th, 2020
- Petrol price is down to RM1.30 per liter.
- Our offices throughout Malaysia will remain closed throughout the MCO period and will continue to operate fully on a work-from-home.
- All schools abruptly moved online.
- Self-distancing measures on the rise.
- Tape on the floors at stores to help distance customers (1 mtr) from each other.
- Restaurants closed, take out only.
- Limited number of people inside stores.
- Non-essential stores and businesses mandated closed.
- Entire sports seasons cancelled.
- Concerts, tours, festivals, entertainment events – cancelled.
- Weddings, family celebrations, holiday gatherings – cancelled
- No masses, mosque, churches are closed.
- No gatherings of 50 or more, then 20 or more, now 10 or less.
- Children’s outdoor play parks are closed.
- Shortage of masks, gowns, gloves for our front-line workers.
- Shortage of ventilators for the critically ill.
- Panic buying sets in no disinfecting supplies, no laundry soap, no hand sanitizer.
- Shelves are bare.
- Manufacturers, distilleries and other businesses switch their lines to help make visors, masks, hand sanitizer and PPE.
- Government has check points in every province and is closed to all non-essential travel.
- Airline tickets are cheap but we can’t travel.
- Press conferences daily from KKM,
- Daily updates on new cases, recoveries, and deaths.
- Barely anyone on the roads.
- People wearing masks and gloves outside.
- Essential service workers are terrified to go to work.
- Medical field workers are afraid to go home to their families.
- “Flatten the curve” is a daily saying, along with “We are in this together,” and “We heal as one”.
- This is the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic, declared March 18, 2020
- Some people showed their true colors (negative) – anger, intolerance, rude, inconsiderate, self-centered, selfish, opportunistic, fake news spreader, liar, scammer, hypocrite, clown..
- Some people showed their true colors (positive) – generous, caring, supportive, team work, network, obedient..
Why, you ask, do I write this status?
One day it will show up in my memory feed, and it will be a yearly reminder that life is precious and not to take the things we dearly love for granted.
We have so much!
Be thankful. Be grateful.
Be kind to each other – love one another – support everyone.
We are all one!
Copy and share.
Source: Bakari Ajis
Disclaimer: this article was taken verbatim. The content in its entirety belongs to its respective copywriter. kritik takes no responsibility in its accuracy nor any liability originating from it.