Have you tried Satey Kajang Hj Samuri?
KUALA LUMPUR: News of the passing of the founder of Sate Kajang Hj Samuri, Datuk Samuri Juraimi at midnight last night not only saddened the people of Kajang and Bangi, but Malaysians in general.
He was one of the pioneer Malay businessmen who managed to bring his business to the highest level.
Below are 10 facts that you may not know about the late Samuri and his business empire.
1. Samuri inherited his sate business from his uncle, Haji Tasmin.
2. He often helped his uncle during his school days.
3. He quit his job with a telecommunication company in 1987 to focus on the sate business.
4. He was asked to continue the business by Haji Tasmin’s children following the latter’s death in 1992.
5. It then led to the establishment of Sate Kajang Haji Samuri.
6. With a capital of RM18,000, the business initially faced a challenge when customers insisted on Sate Haji Tasmin.
7. There are 20 outlets throughout the country today.
8. There are also three factories to process the sate and gravy.
9. His five children from his marriage to Datin Jami Mohamad Amir are also interested in the sate business.
10. His secret to success? “Do not cheat customers and give your best service.”