Laundry goes high-tech with connected washer, dryer
Released in June 2019, Maytag’s Smart Front Load Washer (model MHW8630HW) and Smart Front-Load Dryer (model MED8630HW) launched as the first connected appliances for the company. Both sport an MSRP of $1,249.00 each and come in two color options.
The key connected features of these smart laundry appliances include:
- Remote start or stop.
- Notifications when detergent is running low in the Optimal Dose Dispenser.
- Assigning tasks to family members with customized text messages to remind when they are in charge of transferring a load to the dryer or folding clean clothes.
- End of cycle notifications.
All connected controls require the appliance to be set to remote enabled in addition to the installation of the official app on your smartphone and WiFi access.
Other helpful features included with washer are:
- The Extra Power button, when activated on the Heavy Duty cycle, provides the “Most Powerful Cleaning in the industry”, based on a 20-lb load comparative test.
- The Extra Power button boosts stain-fighting performance with a dual-temperature wash on any wash cycle.
- Receive notifications and alerts that help you manage laundry, avoid unnecessary service calls, maintain your smart washer and help ensure dependable performance, year after year.
- The 24-Hr Fresh Hold® option utilizes an internal fan and intermittent tumbling to circulate air through clothes after the wash cycle ends.
The dryer model features include:
- The Extra Power button helps get thick fabrics, pockets, hems and seams drier the first time by adding extra time to any cycle.
- Receive notifications and alerts that help you manage laundry, avoid unnecessary service calls, maintain your machine and help ensure dependable performance, year after year.
- Steam-enhanced cycles and options to help prevent wrinkles, refresh clothes and reduce static.
- The Quick Dry cycle is perfect to dry a small load fast.